Dallas Decoder will soon begin critiquing the original show’s ninth season, which aired from 1985 to 1986. Here are 19 reasons to love it.
19. Mama returns. We never needed her more.
18. J.R. says goodbye. Does anyone do the single tear thing better than Larry Hagman?
17. Sue Ellen relapses. Linda Gray’s tour de force.
16. Sue Ellen recovers. The most satisfying storyline in “Dallas” history?
15. La Bamba shows up. Arriba y arriba!
14. And so does Dr. Carol Marcus. Can she analyze or can’t she?
13. The Professor’s here too. But where was he when Julie Grey needed him?
12. Pam’s speech. Chills!
11. Sue Ellen’s nightmare. A dream-within-a-dream. Meta!
10. Jenna’s flashback. Hyper-meta!
9. Dack’s rambo. Talk about an Alaskan pipeline.
8. Mandy’s flush. Oh, honey. That’s not how you clean jewelry.
7. “Phyllis, I’d like a cup of tea — a cup of herbal tea.” But hold the eggs and toast, please.
6. South America. Pam, Cliff, Mark and Matt search for emeralds. It’s “Dallas’s” version of “The Wizard Oz.”
5. “Just Desserts.” Victory!
4. This hat. Even Katherine wouldn’t dare.
3. This mask. Who feathered J.R.?
2. Total control of Ewing Oil. Who has the heart to tell him it’s just a dream?
1. Bobby’s back! His chest and arms too!
Why do you love “Dallas’s” ninth season? Share your comments below and read more “Dal-Lists.”