Dallas Decoder will soon begin critiquing the original show’s eighth season, which aired from 1984 to 1985. Here are 18 reasons to love it.
18. Whenever Pam throws shade. She does it a lot this season.
17. When Bobby stops wearing shades. Those things are as big as Southfork!
16. Dr. President David Palmer. Babe’s farmer shows up too.
15. This nut finally gets caught. Even better: She gets away.
14. Eddie’s wall of hats. Keep on trucking, dude.
13. Mandy’s wall of Mandy. Keep it classy, honey.
12. Jamie’s makeover. “What’s next? Are we going to cap her teeth?”
11. These lapels. All hail Sue Ellen, intergalactic space empress!
10. Ray’s workout gear. It’s also the outfit he wears to weddings, funerals, birthdays and bar mitzvahs.
9. This. I bet Jordan helped do her hair.
8. Sue Ellen’s parting shot. Who kneed J.R.?
7. Road trip! Best part of this storyline: Philip Chan guest stars as Edward Chan.
6. Jenna goes to jail. She also gets out. (Can’t have everything.)
5. Scotty Demarest. “It is a sy-lun-suh.”
4. Cousin Jack. Best mole since Julie Grey’s.
3. “The Institute for Advanced Awareness.” Because if anyone needs their awareness advanced, it’s her.
2. We don’t like tomato juice either. But we never turn down eggs and toast.
1. “Swan Song.” Who cares if the last few scenes are a dream? This is “Dallas’s” finest hour. (Or its finest hour-and-a-half, if you want to get technical about it.)
Why do you love “Dallas’s” eighth season? Share your comments below and read more “Dal-Lists.”